Last minute Thanksgiving solutions
It's not too late!
It’s that time of year again! The holidays. What should be time spent relaxing and cherishing new memories with family and friends is often time spent stressing over mismatched itineraries and prepping that turkey you know you’re more than likely going to burn. With the busy work week ahead of you, why stress in the kitchen? This year, take a load off. We’ve compiled a small list of LA’s options for a stress-free Thanksgiving.
For a more intimate setting at home:
– Relatively new to the scene, Pop-Up Pantry is a nationwide gourmet delivery service known for their chef-inspired three-course meals. This year, they’re offering a new special – Holiday Feast for Six where patrons can order eight dishes created by Chef David Yeo. Dishes include Herb Butter Roasted Turkey Breast, Procini and Chestnut Stuffing, Maple Bourbon Whipped Sweet Potatoes and Pumpkin Cheesecake with Amaretti Crust. At just $90 for a family feast for 6, a gourmet Thanksgiving meal at home couldn’t be any easier! Phone: 424-2-PANTRY
– If you’re on a time crunch, or just realized that Thanksgiving dinner is only a few days away, Napa Valley Grille in Westwood, CA is offering their Thanksgiving to-go menu serving anywhere from 8 to 12 people. Some of the featured dishes included are Turkey Gravy, Chef Taylor’s signature housemade Cranberry Orange Sauce, Diestel Turkey Breast or Leg, 10-inch Pumpkin Pie, Roasted Yams, and Focaccia Dressing. Place your order with them via email, westwood @ napavalleygrille.com by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, November 21, and you can pick up your meal on Thanksgiving Day (November 22) between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. 1100 Glendon Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90024
For a night out on the town:
– LA Market Restaurant by Kerry Simon (located at the JW Marriot, Los Angeles) will be serving their three-course Thanksgiving menu from 11a.m. to 10 p.m. the day of. Classic holiday dishes include Roasted Cage-Free Turkey Breast with Cranberry Compote, Pumpkin-Sausage Stuffing and Classic Boubon Pecan Pie with Caramel Sauce and Chocolate-Spiced Whipped Cream. The menu is offered at $62 per person and $21 per child under 12 years of age. 900 West Olympic Boulevard * Los Angeles, California 90015
– Along with their stunning views of the marina, CAFÉ del REY in Marina Del Rey, CA is offering their three-course Thanksgiving menu created by Executive Chef Daniel Roberts for just $55 per person. Some of the featured dishes include Butternut Squash Soup with Spiced Pecans and Chili Oil, Cider Glazed Pork Loin with Savory Polenta and Sweet Potato Peacan Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream and Bourbon Caramel Sauce. The menu will be served from 11 a.m. until 8 p.m. Call and make your reservation today! 4451 Admiralty Way Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
– Get dressed up and celebrate in Hollywood, CA! Public Kitchen & Bar (located at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel) will be offering their four-course pre-fixe menu on Thanksgiving day, from 1:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. Dishes, prepared by Executive Chef Tim Goodell, will include Warm Kabocha Squash with Ricotta, Rapini Leaves and Pumpkin Seeds; Sea Bass with Sweet Potato, Béarnaise, Leeks and Bacon; and Peacan, Pumpkin or Apple Pie. $50 for adults/$40 for children. For reservations call 800.950.7667. 7000 Hollywood Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90028
Written By Terese Sy; Photo courtesy of Pop-up Pantry