Sculpin Fish Tacos from chef Daniel Roberts of Cafe del Rey
Cafe del Rey‘s Chef Daniel Roberts‘ recipe for So Cal’s locally caught Sculpin works with any fish that you’d make a taco out of.
Tortillas or flatbread of choice
5 cups Blended oil
1/3 cup Whole grain mustard
5/8 cups of Lemon juice
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
1/8 cup of Tabasco
¼ cup of Harissa
½ cup Jerez sherry vinegar, or sherry vinegar
½ tbsp Honey
¼ cup Diced Shallot
½ tbsp Fresh thyme
2 cups Crème fraiche
2 cups shredded Napa cabbage
2 cups Carrots
2 cups Tempura or all purpose flour
1.5 cups Club soda or seltzer
5 egg yolks
4 cups blended oil
1/4 whole grain mustard
1/4 cup peeled garlic
1/8 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1/8 cup Tabasco
1/4 cup of harissa
Water (may be needed if too thick)
1/2 cup of Jerez Sherry Vinegar
(or regular sherry vinegar)
1 cup of blended oil
1/2 tbsp of whole grain mustard
1/2 tbsp of honey
1/4 cup of diced shallots
1/2 tbsp of fresh thyme
1/2 tbsp of garlic
2 cups of crème fraiche (or sour cream)
Salt and pepper
2 cups Napa cabbage
2 cups carrots
1/4 - 1/2 cup Jerez Vinaigrette
2 cups of tempura flour (or all purpose flour)
1 1/2 cups of cold club soda or seltzer
2 tbsp of salt
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1. Place the egg yolk along with all the ingredients except for blended oil in a large container and mix using the burmixer. Slowly add blended oil while mixing.
2. Salt to taste.
1. Place sherry vinegar, whole grain mustard, honey, fresh thyme and garlic in a large cambro and blend with a burmixer. Slowly add blended oil while mixing. Add shallots last.
2. Adjust seasoning to taste.
1. Place crème fraiche into a bowl.
2. Zest and juice limes into bowl.
3. Whisk and season to taste.
1. Thinly shred cabbage and carrots.
2. Place in bowl and toss with Jerez Vinaigrette
3. Salt lightly
1. Whisk ingredients into a bowl.
1. Prepare separate parts of recipe.
2. Dip Sculpin fillets into Fish Batter.
3. Fry until golden and crispy.
4. Place fillets into the tortilla, and add parts to taste.http://la.tasteterminal.com/2011/11/14/sculpin-fish-tacos-from-chef-daniel-roberts-of-cafe-del-rey/