Find something to do this weekend in L.A.
November Beer Appreciation Night Belgium beer tasting with food pairing (Flemish Carbonnade, Belgian fries with truffle salt, and butter lettuce salad) and parking.
When: 6 PM
Where: Four Points, 9750 Airport Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90245
Why cook on Thanksgiving when you can grab it to go? We’ve compiled a list of restaurants around L.A. that are willing to cook up your dinner for you. Call ahead to make sure that they can accommodate you. Don’t be left baking a last minute turkey. Read More
Greatest hits prix fixe menu + new creations
The Royce at the Langham in Pasadena is having a week long event featuring the best dishes of the past and a preview of the future. From November 15 – November 19, the five course Chef’s Tasting Menu gives you two options for each course for $95 and includes dessert. Reservations required and the a la carte menu will be unavailable during the event. Call (626) 585-6410 or book online.
Photography provided by the Huntington Hotel
A day in the Rey + video of chef Daniel Roberts catching and cooking us some fish
Be honest, how many of you know what’s up with Marina Del Rey? Boasting the largest constructed small yacht harbor in the world, isn’t it weird that it doesn’t stand out more to you? We spent half a day in the Rey to check out what exactly was going on over there.
What do you do in MDR?
Here’s a short list.
- Dine at 60 full-service restaurants under a 2 mile radius.
- Parasail with three buddies at 800 feet above the marina.
- A holiday boat parade with fireworks.
- Learn to sail, surf, kayak and more at the UCLA Marina Aquatic Center.
- Take a gondola ride.
- Go for a stroll or hop on a bike.
- Dance the night away at Glow.
- Shop the chic boutique shops at the Waterside At Marina Del Rey and Villa Marina Marketplace.
Or you could do what we did, venture onto a chartered sportfishing boat and catch your dinner. Read More