Lentil du Puy from chef David Féau of The Royce
Here is a special recipe and one of the most popular dishes at The Royce from chef David Féau at the Langham Huntington Hotel in Pasadena, CA.
5 oz. green lentils du Puy (France)
1 pcs shallot (peeled and split and half)
1 pcs carrot (peeled and split and half)
1/2 stem celery stem
2 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup fresh peas
1 oz. Garniture Butter (diced and cold)
1 oz. olive oil
1/2 bunch wild arugula
1 Tbsp Grana Padano grated
1. Bring the lentils to boil, with cold water to start. Strain and rinse off the lentils.
2. Put them back into the Sauce pan with the veggie stock, the shallot, carrot and celery. Cook until tender then add salt at the end.
3. Remove the vegetable from the lentils, but let the Lentils cool-down in the broth.
4. Take a saute pan place the lentil with just couple of of broth then bring the lentils to a boil, then reduce flame into low heat. add the butter little by little then keep stirring continuously, add the peas the olive oil, then probably a little more broth to obtain a perfect smooth emulsion, check on seasoning, fresh black pepper and preferred for seasoning.
5. Place on a deep platter or 6 plates finish with the grated cheese on top and few arugula leaves.
6. Bon Appétit!http://la.tasteterminal.com/2011/11/07/lentil-du-puy-from-chef-david-feau-of-the-royce/
Photography provided by the Huntington Hotel